The Forum has been meeting for the past 12 months to understand the experience of people who are deaf, use sign language and use Belfast Trust health and social care services. The aim is for people to use their experience to impact on and influence changes in the Trust to improve service delivery.
To date we have been discussing:
- Communication across the Trust (ED, Cancer Centre)
- Communication cards
- Staff training and raising awareness
- Encompass (Trusts new electronic medical records and referral process)
- Access Able – audit of Trust services
- Mystery Shopper – review services and feedback
- Improve carer communication
We would like to increase awareness of the Forum and increase and broaden membership, to help take this work forward.
The Forum meet approximately 4 times a year for 2 hours. We try to meet in a central (Belfast) location.
Dates and times of meetings in 2023 to be confirmed.
If you have experience of receiving health and social services from the Belfast Trust and would like to get involved please complete our registration form click here
For more information please contact either:
Alice Johnston (from British Deaf Association) firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Jill McPeak at Belfast Trust Jillian.email@example.com
We will be meeting again in 2023 to further develop this work.