A list of current opportunities to get involved in Health and Social Care are below.
Should you have an opportunity you wish to submit, fill out the submission form.
Please ensure all text is concisely written with the closing date (if applicable) and commitment required made clear. It may help you to look at the designing a role description guide.
- Regional Unscheduled Care Service User and Carer Reference Group 1st May 2019 The Regional Unscheduled Care Service User and Carer Reference Group are seeking service users and/or carers who have had an experience of unscheduled care and are also interested to work with Health and Social Care to join their group. The Reference Group is a service user and carer voice which seeks to shape Unscheduled Care. As a member of the group, you will be supported to understand the issues and training will also be provided.
- Development of a career pathway for District Nursing services 17th April 2019 The Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery (NIPEC) is developing a career pathway for District Nursing services on behalf of the Chief Nursing Officer. NIPEC has a Steering Group which has a space for a service user/carer on or it may be better for NIPEC to come and seek the views of a Group of individuals/carers who are or have been in receipt of District Nursing services.
- Reshaping Breast Assessment Services 11th April 2019 A consultation document has been published by the Department of Health in order to consult the public, service users, patient representatives and other stakeholders on proposals to improve the timely delivery of breast assessment services in Northern Ireland.
- Reshaping Stroke Care 11th April 2019 Stroke is one of the most devastating health crises anyone can face. It is a major health issue in Northern Ireland with around 2,800 people being admitted to hospital each year and 36,000 stroke survivors living in our communities. Stroke care is provided both in hospitals and the community but too often, and despite the best efforts of staff, the service is not as good as it could or should be. Reshaping Stroke Care is a consultation document outlining the challenges within stroke services and seeking views on how those services should be reshaped to improve stroke care.
- NI Cancer Research Consumer Forum 11th April 2019 Cancer research is happening in our hospitals and universities in Northern Ireland and beyond. Since 2011 the NI Cancer Research Consumer Forum (NICRCF) works with researchers with the objective of enhancing the quality of research for patient benefit. Every year there are multiple new cancer research proposals, on-going projects, clinical trials and NICRCF members have a role working with researchers. We hope to increase the membership of the NICRCF and look forward to hearing from you. Training and support is available. The NICRCF is facilitated by the NI Cancer Trials Network. Expenses are covered according to HSC policy.
- Hyponatraemia Implementation Programme 4th February 2019 The Department of Health is currently taking forward a programme of work to implement the recommendations arising from the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-Related Deaths (IHRD), allowing members of the public to register their interest in developments across the implementation programme.