There are many ways to provide information to the public including paper leaflet or social media. This can be useful when you want to inform people, for example about a particular condition or a change in service.
PositivesNegativesWill deliverWill not deliverCase studies
- Variety of ways to reach different age groups eg via postal or on-line;
- Can bring information to people at a very local level;
- Convenient for people to access at any time during the event;
- Hard to target to particular group;
- Providing information does not necessarily mean it will be read;
- Health literacy levels may mean the information will not be understood;
- Lack of interaction;
- Useful to share information at a local or regional level.
- Useful to provide as follow up information.
- Can provide further details eg support groups or where to access further information.
- No guarantee information will be read and understood.
- Hard to reach specific groups.
Level of Involvement: Informing