Home » Supporting Involvement » Getting involved – what do I need to know?

Getting involved – what do I need to know?

This section provides information to support you getting involved in Health and Social Care (HSC).  By getting involved, we will be able to ensure that services:

  • Fit the needs of our communities
  • Are accessible
  • Are high quality
  • Have the potential to impact most effectively on the health and wellbeing of the wider community.

Check out the clip ‘I have something to say’ to hear more about why it is important that service users, carers and the public are involved in HSC.

There are a range of different ways to get involved. Involvement may be a one-off activity or you may wish to get involved for a longer period of time. This may be at a local level, for example in a Health and Social Care Trust or at a regional level with the Public Health Agency or another regional HSC organisation.

Find out more about opportunities to get involved here.